There's always a constant stream of rumors floating through the ether about new iPhone updates. When these rumors end up being true, sometimes people lose their minds a little. Let's all take a moment of silence to remember the great ear pod controversy of 2016. The iPhone 7 has come and we've all finally adjusted to the new charger-headphone plug situation. Now the rumors about the next iteration of the popular apple device are starting to come out. New reports have leaked 10 controversial iPhone 8 features that we're sure you're going to want to hear about.
According to a new iDrop News leak citing sources from an Apple manufacturing partner, these are the 10 new features that will appear in the iPhone 8:
- Front-facing Touch ID beneath the display.
- 4mm bezels around the entire edge of the device.
- 2.5D contoured glass on the front and back of the device surrounded by a metal frame.
- Wireless charging.
- 5.8″ OLED display.
- “Invisible” front-facing camera hidden underneath the display.
- Large power button featuring two points of contact. Reason unknown.
- iPhone might cost up to $1,000
- Workflow integration that will "automate much of how we use our device"
iDrop News has pictures of the rumored iPhone 8 design, so you'll definitely want to check those out. All we can say is, bye-bye home button! The tenth, and perhaps most controversial rumor, is that Apple is actually developing 2 completely different prototypes. If you're not loving the first design, that one might not come to fruition. This other mysterious version of the iPhone 8 would be bigger than the 7, as well as having an aluminum back that would eliminate the possibility for wireless charging.
Apple consumers will most likely see the first version of the iPhone 8, with front-facing Touch ID beneath the display and an invisible front-facing camera, before the end of the year.