Chris Pratt went to the MTV Movie & TV Awards prepared to share his nine rules for better living. MTV honored Pratt with the Generation Award.
He offered these guidelines to the next generation:
- “Breathe. If you don't, you'll suffocate.”
- “You have a soul, be careful with it.”
- “Don't be a turd. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, and do not wield them against the weak -- that makes you a bully.”
- “When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger.”
- “It doesn't matter what it is -- earn it. It feels good.”
- “God is real. God loves you. God wants the best for you. Believe that. I do.”
- Chris Pratt shared his secret to minimize odors when during a crowded party it’s necessary to sit on the toilet. “Just trust me, it's science.”
- “Learn to pray. It's easy and it's so good for your soul.”
- “Nobody is perfect. Nobody. People are gonna tell you you're perfect just the way you are, you're not! But there is a powerful force that designed you that way. It forgives you for your flaws. If you're willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift."